In many ways, the real estate prospecting letter is one of the most basic, yet powerful marketing tools available to real estate agents and Realtors. Unfortunately, this marketing tool is not always used to its fullest potential . The effectiveness of real estate prospecting letters is often directly proportional to these five variables and how well they’re applied:
- How engaging is the letter? The extent to which you’ve caught and held your prospects attention — starting from the first sentence of the letter — is crucial.
- Key features to include: How well does the prospecting letter flow from one idea to the next, establish a need for your services, highlight your unique qualifications and availability, and mention relevant market conditions that make it a favorable time for home owners or house hunters to take action now on their real estate goals (rather than waiting for conditions to improve or change)
- Call to action: The inclusion of more than one “call to action” (telling your prospects what to do when they finish reading your letter) can help boost your response rate.
- First Impressions: Is your real estate prospecting letter visually inviting… or cluttered-looking and verbose? The answer to that question will impact the response rate to your marketing letter.
- Incentives and Curiosity Factor: Have you immediately aroused curiosity, grabbed attention, or given your prospects any incentive to open the envelope or click on the subject-line of your marketing email? If not, many of your prospecting letters will not see the light of day!
Maximizing the Impact of Your Real Estate Prospecting Letter
What else can you do to increase the response rate to your prospecting letters? Here are a few quick ideas that can help you generate more inquiries, leads, and clients:
- Realize that sending out prospecting letters is an ongoing process, in which success can be defined in more than one way. Obviously, the intention of any real estate marketing strategy is to acquire more clients and generate additional income. However, if your real estate prospecting letter results in more visits to your blog, subscriptions to your email newsletter, or enhanced name recognition in your farming area, then your mailing campaign has achieved a degree of success. Of course, if the marketing letter produces phone calls, email inquiries, referrals, or additional visits to your next open house, then all the better!
- Real estate prospecting letter templates are a good starting point for crafting a well-written marketing message to prospective clients in your farming area. If you’re looking for an extensive collection of professional real estate marketing letters for virtually any purpose — including relationship building — then visit this site*. Whether or not you decide to download the complete kit of 320 real estate marketing letters, the website features a free sample of an expired listing prospecting letter, which can provide both guidance, usable content, and structure to your letter-writing efforts. To view the sample marketing letter template*, click on the yellow “sample letters” button” on the website.
Thanks for checking out my latest thoughts and ideas on real estate prospecting tools and lead generation strategies. Stay tuned for updates in the near future!
Freelance writer, business blogger, marketing consultant
*Disclaimer: My real estate marketing blog features links to prospecting templates, real estate marketing letters, email marketing services, and digital products for which I am a compensated affiliate.